There’s always something growing on at Behnke’s!
To register for a workshop or talk, call our store, or click on the links below
Phone: Beltsville: 301-937-1100
Download a PDF copy of our September – December 2017 Events Flyer
Busy though he is…..
Santa will be making time for photo ops and to greet the kiddies at Behnke’s on these days in 2017…
- Saturday, November 25, 11-3 (Open House)
- Sunday, November 26, 11-2
- Saturday, December 2, 11-2
- Sunday, December 3, 11-2
- Saturday, December 9, 11-2
- Sunday, December 10, 11-2
- Saturday, December 16, 3-7 – Special Evening: Cocoa & Cookies with Santa
- Sunday, December 17, OFF
- Saturday, December 23, 11-2 – Last Day Here
Decorate Your Very Own Fresh Green Christmas Wreath – w/ Carol Allen
Fee: $50 – all wreath materials (not tools) provided.
Student is responsible for bringing tools: needle-nose pliers, wire cutters, hand pruners and scissors to class.
For this fee each student will receive:
- 1 fresh green 20 inch fir wreath
- 3½ yards of ribbon for a bow
- assorted fresh greens, picks and cones for decoration
- wire for assembly
Behnke Christmas Open House
Wander through Behnke’s Christmas Shop and discover many delightful ornaments and gifts. Explore our greenhouses full of specialty and traditional poinsettias, colorful Christmas cactus, bright cyclamen, and beautiful orchids. Visit our fresh greens area full of the scents of Christmas with firs, boxwoods, hollies, pines and cedars, plus berries and cones. And enjoy a few extras during the day….
- Harp Music by Jim Dronenburg 10 to Noon
- Flour Girls Cupcakes 10 till gone (get here early)
- Christmas Wreath Workshop (registration required)
- Visit w/ Santa Claus 11 to 3
- Light Refreshments 11 to 4
- Wine Tasting w/ Old Line Fine Wine & Spirits – Noon to 2
- Madrigal group, Camerata Musica 12:30 to 2:30
- Guest Crafters 10 to 4
Beginner Hands-On Bonsai Class – w/ Jennifer Park
Fee: $65 – all materials provided
With a focus on care and maintenance, learn all the basics of bonsai design. Select a tree, learn how to transplant, and discover what the art of bonsai is all about as you create your very own bonsai to take home. This is a fully inclusive class
December 9, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
December 10, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Orchid Diagnostic & Repotting Clinic 2017 – w/ Carol Allen
Questions about orchids? Visit with The Orchid Lady, Carol Allen. If you have questions about a specific orchid, bring it in, and let her take a look. If you need your orchid repotted, for a fee, she will take care of that, also, and show you how.