Download our PDF Flyer Weekly Sales Flyer
Lawn and Garden Fertilizer Sale - April 13th thru April 19th
Milorganite (5-2-0)36lb. bag reg. priced $19.99Now 20% off
Used for over 85 years, Milorganite is an all-purpose, organic nitrogen fertilizer that can be used on lawns, shrubs, trees, flowers, vegetables, and as a seed carrier.
- It contains 85% organic matter, which promotes beneficial microbial activity and improves the soil’s ability to grow and nurture grass and plants.
- Milorganite is worry-free because it contains virtually no salts, so it will not burn plants - even in the hottest temperatures and driest conditions. You don’t have to water it in, it will stay in the soil ready to work when moisture comes later.
- Milorganite’s slow-release formula provides nitrogen and other nutrients up to 3 months. Because grass is able to use these nutrients over a longer period of time, less fertilizer is wasted by seeping into groundwater or running off into streams.
Espoma Organic - All Season Lawn Food (9-0-0)29lb. bag reg. priced $34.99Now 20% off
- Safe for kids, your pets, and the environment.
- Won’t burn lawns or leach out of soil.
- Provides long lasting nutrition.
- Creates healthy lawns and soil.
- Made from feather meal and pasteurized poultry manure.
- Covers up to 5,000 sq.ft.
Chickity Doo Doo (5-3-2)25lb. bag reg. priced $17.99Now 20% off
- High quality OMRI listed organic fertilizer.
- Derived from 100% chicken manure (no additives or fillers).
- Provides all the desirable nutrients that have made chicken manure extremely beneficial to vegetable farmers and organic gardeners for decades.
Espoma Organic Weed Preventer (9-0-0)25lb. bag reg. priced $44.99Now 20% off Naturally Prevent Weeds!Espoma Organic Weed Preventer helps prevent unsightly weeds from popping up in your lawn while it nourishes the grass so that it becomes more resistant to heat, drought and other stress. And because the product is all natural, it is safe for your family, your pets, and the environment.
- Prevents dandelions, crabgrass & other common weeds.
- Provides long lasting greening that won’t burn.
- Children & pets can play on lawn immediately after application.
- Made from 100% pure, granulated corn gluten meal.
- Apply twice per year: Early Spring and Fall.
- For Lawn Weed Control: Apply 20 lbs. per 1,000 sq.ft. covers up to 1,250 sq.ft.
- For Lawn Food: Apply 10 lbs. per 1,000 sq.ft. covers up to 2,500 sq.ft.
NEW TO OUR SHELVES FOR 2015
BEHNKE RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS
- The highest quality seed available.
- Many heirloom seed varieties.
- USDA Certified Organic seed varieties available.
- Guaranteed - the germination rate of every variety is tested before packaging.
- All Botanical Interests seed is untreated.
- No GMOs Safe Seed Pledge - Botanical Interests does not knowingly buy or sell genetically engineered seeds or plants.
Lake Valley Seed
Since 1985 the philosophy at Lake Valley Seed has held true: quality products at competitive prices, servicing passionate gardeners and independent retailers.
- All Lake Valley seeds are Non-GMO and certified organically grown.
- An enticing collection of flower, herb and vegetable heirloom seed varieties from around the world.
The value leader in the industry, Livingston offers more seed in their packets at a lower price value than any other company.
- Sow Easy® Seeds: larger seed pellets, that are easy to place and reduce thinning.
- 100% Organic varieties. Livingston has carefully hand selected open-pollinated vegetables, NO hybrids or genetically modified varieties.
- Heirloom Varieties. Livingston has many varieties to offer including well established favorites and rare selections.
Safe for people pets and the environment. Since 1929, The Espoma Company has been the pioneer in natural gardening solutions. Behnkes is proud to carry the Espoma line of organic plant food from Holly-tone®, to the new Espoma Organic Potting Mixes.
Espoma provides the most extensive selection of natural organic products that work in harmony with nature to grow beautiful lawns & gardens, preserve natural resources, and make a safer world for future generations.
Shredded Hardwood Mulch
Behnke's best grade of hardwood mulch in a 3 cubic foot bag. Hardwood mulch has a lower decomposition rate than other mulches which makes it last longer. Hardwood mulch also adheres nicely to the ground, keeping it from being washed away by the rain.
Leafgro® is a superior quality compost used extensively by the landscape industry and homeowners as a source of humus for soil improvement. Leafgro® is an outstanding example of recycling at its best. By composting leaves and grass clippings that would have normally been disposed of in a landfill, the Maryland Environmental Service converts organic wastes into a valuable resource.
Espoma® Organic Weed Preventer
For those of you who do not need to overseed, and wish to prevent dandelions, crabgrass, and other common weeds, Behnkes recommends an Organic Weed Preventer made from 100% Corn Gluten Meal, safe for kids, pets, and the environment. It also supplies long lasting nitrogen, an essential nutrient that helps to promote a thicker, deeper green lawn.
Espoma Organic Lawn Foods
We all want the beauty and satisfaction that comes with a lush, dark green lawn. But we want to obtain it without the use of potentially harmful chemicals. Espoma's premium organic lawn foods give the gardener peace of mind with long lasting organics that nourish the soil as well as the grass. Your lawn will be more resistant to heat, drought, and other stress.
Turf Trust Lawn Fertilizer
Slowly feeds your lawn for several months.
- Will turn your lawn green
- Creates a strong, healthy root system
- Look for the purple bag!
Download our Turf Trust Lawn Program Calendar for 2013
Plant Trust Tree and Shrub Fertilizer
Your trees and shrubs need a good feeding just like your lawn. Regular feeding with Plant Trust Tree & Shrub Food provides vigorous growth and builds strong root systems for strong healthy trees and shrubs. Applied to trees and shrubs in the fall when leaves have begun to drop, the fertilizer releases its nutrients over a 3 to 4 month period.
Greenview Fall Fertilizer
Fairway Formula fertilizer is a premium quality mix of technologies appropriate to the season, to provide even, steady nitrogen release. This allows you to fertilize once in the spring, and once in the fall to give your lawn the nitrogen and potassium it needs. Just two steps – just that easy.
- Repairs summer damage
- Encourages root growth for winter hardiness and quick spring green-up
- Extended time-release feeding of nitrogen, up to 8 weeks
- Promotes deeper green turf, faster green-up, brilliant color response and fewer clippings
- Premium quality formulation
Behnkes Carries Soil Doctor ‘s line of Pelletized Lawn Lime, Pelletized Gypsum Soil Repair and Pulverized Garden Lime
Garden Lime improves fertilizer effectiveness, helps balance pH, reduce soil acidity and is easy to apply. Lime is essential for a healthy green lawn and supplies essential vitamins & minerals. Pelletized Gypsum repairs soil and pet damage, great for roses and tomatoes too!
Fafard Ultra Outdoor Planting Mix
Rich in organic matter, this high-quality planting mix has been formulated for garden and landscape planting. It contains Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss and aged pine bark to add structure and needed organic matter to clay-rich or sandy soils.
Fafard Premium Top Soil
Behnkes carries All Organic Fafard Premium Topsoil. Fafard topsoil can be use for .....
- Patching lawns.
- Top dressing lawns.
- Filling low spots in lawns.
Espoma Bio-tone Starter Plus 4-3-3
All Natural Plant Food Enhanced With Bacteria and Mycorrhizae
- Microbe enhanced all natural plant food
- Includes both Endo & Ecto Mycorrhizae
- Helps plants grow a larger root mass
- Promotes bigger blooms
- Reduces transplant loss
Pests In Your Yard and Garden?
If you suspect an insect or disease problem, bring a sample of the sick plant in a clear plastic bag. We can diagnose best from a branch or stem with several leaves attached, including some leaves that look okay and some that are sick or infested.
Also, if you can take a couple of pictures of the plant and where it is planted, that helps too. We might notice something like proximity to a downspout, a groundhog hole, or a deer at your bird feeder that may not come up in conversation.
Big pictures are easier to see than a photo on a phone, but any picture helps. We might even tell you that the caterpillar eating your parsley is going to become a black swallowtail butterfly and suggest you just leave it alone.