Hydrangea Cityline Series
Cityline Series from Proven Winners, a dwarf hydrangea hybrid series is a low compact hydrangea with big "mop-head" flowers. Developed in Germany, all varieties have large flowers with vivid colors, strong stems and dark glossy foliage. They have excellent mildew resistance and grow to about 2-3' tall and 3-4' wide.
Other varieties available:
- Venice: Long lasting deep blue/fuschia colored blooms.
- Berlin: Large, long lasting clear pink flowers.
- Paris: Smaller plant with large intense red blooms.
- Vienna: Smallest of the four, dark pink flowers emerging with cream throat colors.
'Shamrock' - 'Claudie' - 'Nikko Blue' - Endless Summer 'Blushing Bride' - 'Blue Bird' - 'Pink Shira' - 'Masja'
Hydrangea paniculata- All suitable for sun exposure. Large inflorescences that change color with age.
- 'Limelight'- limegreen that changes to green, pink, and burgundy as the flower ages.
- 'Pinky Winky'- 12-16 inch two toned flower heads, emerge white and turn pink.
- 'Quick Fire' - Late May to fall flowering, white to, well you quessed it, Fire tones.
Hydrangea quercifolia - The name comes from it's large oak leaf foliage. You get three seasons of interest with these. Winter: Bark exfoliates, Summer - large white panicles of creamy white flowers,
A native plant under utilized. Fall - Magnificent rich burgundy, wine foliage.
- 'Alice' - Strong grower, 12" panicles, 6/7' height.
- 'Snowflake' - Graceful weeping habit.
- 'Little Honey' - yellow foliage, short habit.
- 'Sike's Dwarf' - Great for small gardens.
- 'Snow Queen' - Largest of the varieties, flowers fade to light pink.
- 'Pee Wee' - Dwarf and compact grower, wine red fall foliage. Flowers earlier than other varieties.