Behnke's Information Pamphlets
Behnkes has a great selection of informational care sheets that are available as pamphlets in our stores. As these are updated and revised we will offer them online here as PDF files available to download or printout.
- African Violets - What to do and what not to do in the care of African Violet.
- Amaryllis - Planting care and propagation of Amaryllis Bulbs.
- Aquatics - Basics of locating and installing an aquatic pod. Care and selection of aquatic plants.
- Astilbe - Basic care and planting instructions for Astilbe
- Azalea and Rhododendron Care - Proper site selection, soil preparation, planting, watering, fertilizing, and pruning.
- Baysafe Program - All about The "Baysafe Plants Program" and a list of Baysafe Native Plants.
- Butterfly Gardening - To entice these beauties to visit your garden, only a few simple guidelines are needed.
- Carved Pumpkin Care - How to make your carved pumpkin last.
- Clematis Care - Where to plant, how to plant, training, fertilizing and pruning.
- Container Gardening - Covers Containers, Plants, Planting Media and Maintenance.
- Deer Resistant Plants - This list is meant to serve only as a guide. There are no "deer-proof" plants.
- Gardenia Care - Light, temperature, humidity, fertilizer, water, re-potting, propagation.
- Hummingbirds - How to attract hummingbirds and a list of their favorite plants.
- Lawns - Seasonal lawn care instructions for the Maryland, D.C. and Virginia area.
- Mums - Care sheet - Garden mums, originally from the Orient, are now grown all over the world.
- Orchids Dendrobium - For growing and blooming in the Mid-Atlantic States, they need four to five hours of direct sun
- Orchids Oncidium - This group of hybrids includes some of the most incredibly diverse flowers.
- Orchids Phalaenopsis - One of the most abundantly blooming house plants possible!
- Reliable Perennials - Behnke Nurseries carries hundreds of varieties of perennials. These are our recommendations.
- Rose Care - Location, preparation, planting, fertilizing, watering, pruning, insects and disease, winter care.