If you haven’t yet visited Brookside Gardens to see this year’s stunning outdoor light display, do it soon! Here’s what Brookside has to say about it:
Visualize close to one million twinkling colorful lights shaped in imaginative displays throughout the gardens. Enjoy the four seasons illuminated as giant summer sunflowers, autumn leaves, winter snowflakes, spring flowers, rain showers, and more. Walk along the easily accessible paths and you’ll see what sets this light show apart from others; it’s the hundreds of wrapped trees and shrubs, beautifully lighted gazebos, cascading fountains, and the individually formed displays in the shapes of blooming flowers and wild animals.
Look for moving displays such as a flock of geese, or an 11 foot giraffe covered with 9,000 lights. This festive, secular light show, now in its 15th season, is a popular family tradition in the Washington, DC area drawing close to 40,000 visitors each winter. Inside of the Conservatory, a winter display of holiday poinsettias, flowering plants and evergreens are combined in bright and bold combinations, providing colorful landscape through which the garden railway trains travel.
Schedule of musical performances, Listen to local musicians perform in the Visitors Center Auditorium each night of the show from 6:30pm to 8:00pm through January 8 (2011). Light refreshments may be purchased and enjoyed during the entertainment. While you’re here, do a bit of holiday shopping at our gift shop.
Dates and Times (2011) Here are the remaining dates available to see all this: 12/21 (tonight), 12/22, 12/23, 12/26, 12/27, 12/28, 12/29, 12/30, 12/31 (New year’s Eve – great idea!), 1/1, 1/6, 1/7. From 5:30 to 9:00 (last car admitted at 8:30).
More about that New Year’s Eve idea: What better way to say goodbye to the old year and an early hello to 2011 than by bringing your family and friends to the Garden of Lights for an evening filled with lights, music, and memories. All for the same weekend rate of $25.00 per car or van.
- Cars/Vans (Monday – Thursday): $20 (cash only)
- Car/Vans (Friday – Sunday): $25 (cash only) (1 – 14 passenger vehicles)
- Advance Sale Tickets: $20 (available starting November 1). Tickets are good for any night and may be purchased in advance at the Conservatory or Visitors Center Gift Shops during posted gift shop hours, using cash, check or credit. Advanced ticket holders must enter the gardens after 5:30 p.m. with normal flow of traffic (no early admission.)
- Buses & Limousines please register in advance at 301-962-1457. Limousines with 14 or fewer passengers will be charged regular admission.
- Bus, Van and Limo Fees:
- 15-24 passenger buses/vans/ limos: $50
- 25-35 passenger buses: $75
- 36-57 passenger buses: $120
NOTE: Pedestrians cannot be admitted due to safety regulations. Visitors must drive to the entrance gate. After paying at the gate, visitors drive into the parking lot, park their vehicle, and walk through the light show display. For more formation about the Garden of Lights, call 301-962-1453.