With today being Earth Day, I wanted to share this blog post from one of our partners of AgriTech Corp, SoilKits Christina, who wrote from the heart on her feelings in helping her children learn the importance of protecting our earth. I hope you enjoy this article as much as I did. After you finish, check out their website and their soil kits we are selling. For April 2021, Christina is giving our readers $5 off each kit sold. Just use the code BEHNKES21 when checking out.
Brand new for us is this “Common Mushrooms of the Northeast” field guide. They have been on back order for months from the company, due to the high demand. Mushrooms have always worried me. While I love eating them, the thought of picking them in the woods to add to my soup is just not something I would want to ever do, because so many of them are poisonous and I am pretty fond of my family. However with this guide the process for those of you that want to forage around just got a little easier. Another great stocking stuffer idea!
- 57 species – both common and rare – found in northeastern North America
- Tips for identification
- Identifying poisonous species
- Illustrations and text by Kirsten McKnight Ward, Joseph R. Rohrer, and Karl B. McKnight, co-authors of the Peterson Guide to Mushrooms, Revised Edition
- Indestructible lamination – waterproof. Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Instant access to just what you need to know